POS Systems and the FCAC Code of Conduct
The purpose of the Code is to demonstrate the industry's commitment to:
- Ensuring that merchants are fully aware of the costs associated with accepting credit and debit card payments thereby allowing merchants to reasonably forecast their monthly costs related to accepting such payments.
- Providing merchants with increased pricing flexibility to encourage consumers to choose the lowest-cost payment option.
- Allowing merchants to freely choose which payment options they will accept.
Submitting a Complaint
If your complaint pertains to the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry, you can file a complaint through;
Online Complaints Form,
Code of Conduct Printable PDF,
Phone us, Fax us or Write to us.
Code of Conduct Printable .pdf (right-click to save as)
Online Complaints Form
ATTN: Code Of Compliance
301-A Weston Street
Responding to a Complaint
Following receipt of your complaint we will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five business days.
- Provide our final decision within 30 days of receiving your complaint, along with:
- A summary of the complaint;
- The final result of the investigation;
- Explanation of the final decision; and
- Information on how to further escalate your complaint in the event of an unsatisfactory outcome, along with the complaint handling form.
If we cannot provide a response within 30 days you will be informed of the delay, reason for the delay, and the expected response time.
To assist us in reviewing your complaint, in addition to providing a summary of your concerns, please provide details, such as the name of the person you were dealing with, the date the concern occurred, and copies of any supporting documentation (i.e. agreements, statements).
Fill out the complaint form with as much detail as possible. To assist us in reviewing your complaint, in addition to providing a summary of your concerns, please provide details, such as the name of the person you were dealing with, the date the concern occurred, and copies of any supporting documentation (i.e. agreements, statements).
Refer to the Code of Conduct Policy Elements for more details on which element applies to your complaint: